Disclaimer...

The thoughts, views and opinions expressed in the posts and comments of this blog are the product of the author alone. Nothing expressed here is intended to represent any person or entity other than the author. Everything here should be understood as the personal opinions of the author. No information on this blog will be understood as official in any capacity.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Perception and Reality...

I think, at this point, that it is largely accepted as fact that our perception shapes our reality. That what I perceive to be true is not necessarily the same as the truth perceived by the person sitting next to me.

I think about this more often than I care to admit. If truth be told, I probably think about it a fair bit more than would probably be considered healthy by some. Even so, I give it a lot of thought.

Just about every time I sit down here to write a blog, I consider how I might be able to discuss reality, perception and truth. Unfortunately, I find that the answer to how I might do that lends itself to the probability that I would need to devote a whole new blog to the topic. Maybe I will do that some day. :p

For now, I want to share something with you that touches on perception and reality at their very root.

I am certain I have mentioned in passing the existance of something called TED talks. TED is the modern day forum where people with great minds and great thoughts gather to share their views on pretty much everything there is. I am not sure I will ever get around to searching the TED database in it's entirety but I do try to watch the talks that appeal to me.

I recommend the site to anyone out there who happens to have an interest in anything. But for now, I am going to share with you a talk I found that relates to the topic at hand.

Enjoy!



Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein-

No comments:

Post a Comment