Disclaimer...

The thoughts, views and opinions expressed in the posts and comments of this blog are the product of the author alone. Nothing expressed here is intended to represent any person or entity other than the author. Everything here should be understood as the personal opinions of the author. No information on this blog will be understood as official in any capacity.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

May Contain Spoilers... 1 of 4

I don't own a television but let's face it... There are some damned fine shows out there that are most definitely worth watching.

Thankfully, we live in an age filled with computers and technology so there are other avenues available to us.

I am not going to expend the time or energy listing out to you the multitude of choices available for online viewing of television shows. Suffice it to say that if you want to see it badly enough, I am fairly certain that you can manage to do so.

If you just plain aren't sure what to watch, or if you want to add something outstanding to your already viewing schedule, please, allow me to share some of my favorites with you!

Let me start by sharing with you the shows I miss and that you should find a way to see if you haven't already.

To begin with, I am going to share with you a show that is no longer being produced on television. I weep quietly to myself as I tell you this because, after seeing what some of this season's new offerings are, I am appalled that this show didn't make it into a third season.

Life's Detective Charlie Crews (played by Damien Lewis) spent twelve years in prison for the murder of his best friend and business partner. Having finally been proven innocent Charlie was further vindicated and offered a huge settlement (rumors have it at around fifty million dollars) which included his reinstatement onto the force.

With an outstanding supporting cast including both his former partner Bobby (Brent Sexton) and his new partner Dani (Sarah Shahi, soooo very hot. And she has handcuffs ::shivers::), the former inmate turned zen detective offers an outstanding blend of drama and comedy and some of the best, most original characterizations I have seen in a very very long time.

I will mourn the passing of this show for the foreseeable future and if anyone knows of any way to convince a network to pick it back up, please, let me know so I can throw some support in that direction.

You should also go back and check out such fine shows as Sports Night, a former Comedy Central offering of yesteryear that I commend to anyone with a sense of humor. Please bear in mind that it is NOT a sports show. I swear. It just takes place at a sports show... Gods, how do you explain that...

I also want to take this opportunity to draw your attention to a show that was all too short lived. Very recently, ABC took us to new heights (literally) with a show called Defying Gravity. I will be the first to admit that the show took a little while to get off the ground (gods I'm cracking myself up over here... I hate puns.) but it was only in the last 2 or 3 aired episodes that I really began to appreciate what this show had to offer. They they cut short the season and canceled it. BASTARDS! Did Fox/Firefly debacle teach you nothing!??... Oh wait... It taught you that I will go out and buy the DvD just so I can get some kind of closure. Damn you ABC...

I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention a few others. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly were all cut short before they had lived out their lives to the fullest and all three owe their beginnings to Joss Whedon. Joss never had anything to do with Dead Like Me (unless you count a brief guest appearance by Jewel Staite who was a regular on Firefly) but I think if you enjoyed any of his work, there is something for you to find there too.

Le sigh... Now I am depressed... Better think of the shows with good news next...

No comments:

Post a Comment