Disclaimer...

The thoughts, views and opinions expressed in the posts and comments of this blog are the product of the author alone. Nothing expressed here is intended to represent any person or entity other than the author. Everything here should be understood as the personal opinions of the author. No information on this blog will be understood as official in any capacity.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

May Contain Spoilers... 3 of 4

New shows...

There are a few programs this season that have piqued my interest. I dont know quite as much about them as I do about the ones I have been watching for longer (duh) but I will give you what I can.

First things first, The Forgotten. Christian Slater (yep, swear to god, Christian Slater) is leading a band of volunteers who help to identify corpses. I will warn you, this i s both more and less strange than it sounds. The Forgotten is apparently a vast network of these volunteers who pick up where the police leave off. When the cops run out of leads these guys do all kinds of whacky research to identify a victim and then help bring the killer to justice. I suppose that it is kind of a new take on a cop drama but it is one I can stand behind. (Notice that none of the Law and Order shows make my list anywhere. It isn't that I don't like the shows, just that I think they have been overdone to the point of no return.)

The next show I have found this year with the potential to hold my attention is called Flash Forward. Imagine that you are driving along one day when suddenly you black out for 2 minutes and 47 seconds. Only you don't really black out. You actually flash forward 6 months and see where you will be and what you will be doing. And you aren't the only one! Every. Single. Person. on the face of the PLANET goes through the same thing. And as one little girl puts it when she trys to describe her "dream", "I dreamed there were no more good days." ... Damn...

Now everyone has to figure out what they did or didn't do and how to change it to avoid the hell that the future looked like it was going to be. And while we are at it, maybe we can figure out just what the HELL just happened here!

Oh, and by the way... An object in motion stays in motion... So when your flashback ends the world looks like Armageddon thanks to all the cars piled up and helicopters and planes that crashed and god knows what all else can go wrong in two and a half minutes... Shit, it is going to take a whole season just to straighten everything out, never mind reach a conclusion!

Then there is Glee. I don't want to like it... I don't want to like it... But I am a theater person from way back. Something about showtunes is lust making this irresistible tome.

Phew... Alright... I am calm. There are only three other shows to tell you about in the new category and I am not sure how I feel about any of them yet.

To begin with, Vampire Diaries. On the plus side, they aren't sparkly vampires. On the negative side, Glee is already stretching my ability to put up with high school drama. Conclusion... There is potential there, but I don't think I am going to be able to stick it out long enough for it to come to fruition. I hope you like it though!

Next we have Cougar Town. Pros: Not (primarily) high school drama. Cons: Primarily 40 year old recently divorced woman drama. Conclusion... Aww hell, the jury is still out on this one. I will stick it out a little longer in the hopes that it works for me.

And finally, Eastwick. You have heard of the Witches of Eastwick, I hope. Well, that is the basis. Kind of a cool concept I think. The good part is that the witches are all hot and (I think) decent actresses. Sadly, the Devil is the antithesis of this fact. At this point I am hoping that the director or someone is able to fix that fact as the season progresses. I would truly hate to have to hate a show because of a bad Devil. Hell, call the guy that played the Devil in Reaper! He was an outstanding evil and I can almost see that type of devil fitting here!

Ok... Almost done here... One more section and I can go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment