Disclaimer...

The thoughts, views and opinions expressed in the posts and comments of this blog are the product of the author alone. Nothing expressed here is intended to represent any person or entity other than the author. Everything here should be understood as the personal opinions of the author. No information on this blog will be understood as official in any capacity.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nothing of Substance...

So I haven't written anything in several days now. Almost a week in fact.

As an explanation, I haven't been feeling remotely up to par. Certainly not an excuse, I know, but I didn't want to post work that was sloppy or, more importantly, just plain bad.

I am still not feeling up to snuff but I need to make sure I am maintaining this habit so I am writing this as a space filler kind of thing.

Last night, I attempted to write a blog with some meat to it but the finished result was just plain disappointing. Rereading it today hasn't helped any. I am not entirely sure where it went wrong but if a fix doesn't present itself to my brain by bedtime tonight, I will probably just scrap it and start from scratch tomorrow.

Meanwhile, in other news...

There is a game developer conference in Austin this weekend and it looks like one of the after-party meet-ups may be being held in a public venue tomorrow night. I am supposed to be playing D&D tomorrow but with the way things are going at the moment, I may have to skip out on gaming in favor of attempting to make some forward movement happen in my life.

Time will tell...

Anyway, all that being said (and having nothing else to offer), I am going to close this out for now and go try for a nap. Must - needs - feeling better now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow... This post isn't up to par either but at least it isn't one I am terribly concerned about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad :) - I scrap 1 out of 4 entries - they just fall flat sometimes. Save them and then maybe later, you can go back and tweak it a bit. I hope you have a good time at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve of this message! Yay, forward motion. The only way to maintain a new habit in regards to positive change (or any habit, really) is to actually make it a habit. Rock on, and keep up the good work. Now if only I could follow my own words in that regards...

    ReplyDelete