Disclaimer...

The thoughts, views and opinions expressed in the posts and comments of this blog are the product of the author alone. Nothing expressed here is intended to represent any person or entity other than the author. Everything here should be understood as the personal opinions of the author. No information on this blog will be understood as official in any capacity.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Filling space...

Just to let everybody know, I am trying to work on doing this on some kind of schedule but I am not quite there yet. This weekend was filled with work and this week and next look to be much the same.

While I have you here, I would like to pose a question to you all...

It has been brought to my attention that the blogs I have been writing are somewhat longer than what a lot of blogs tend to be. With that in mind, my question is this:

Would it be better, in your opinion, if I were to keep my blogs shorter? Or is what I am doing working out just fine for you?

That's all. I don't know if you answers will actually change what I am doing here but I am moderately curious. I know I can be a bit full of wind from time to time.

In other, more exciting news... Aion open beta is going on right now and I actually managed to get my hands on a key today! I have mentioned before how excited I am over the games release and getting to take part in beta testing for it is a huge win for me. If you like gaming, you should definately check it out!

That is all I have to say for the time being. Talk to you all soon!

May you be forty years in heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.
-Old Irish well wishes-

4 comments:

  1. I think you should write til you're done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, this is a tough one. If you are looking to get more "casual readers" - shorter is better. You could split a post into 2 or 3 sections for example - makes you seem more prolific as well...but, as the above mentioned, there is something to be said for writing until you're done. I suggest breaking them up - post them all on the same day but don't overwhelm the reader who is quickly scanning for entertainment. I enjoy reading the long ones, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally, any SEO marketer will tell you to keep it between 250-1000 words... so that's about a third of the length you're currently doing.

    That said, it's your blog; it depends on who you want to attract, and how long the average joe's attention span is.

    Mine will be shorter. I'm putting the finishing touches on it this week. (Will keep you posted.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granted, my blog yesterday on my own site was personal drivel and about twenty-five pages long.

    For whatever it's worth.

    :/

    ReplyDelete