Disclaimer...

The thoughts, views and opinions expressed in the posts and comments of this blog are the product of the author alone. Nothing expressed here is intended to represent any person or entity other than the author. Everything here should be understood as the personal opinions of the author. No information on this blog will be understood as official in any capacity.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

In Which I am Introduced...

Alright then! I have been here for around a week and I have posted various blogs already. I figure that I may as well introduce myself now that I have made an impression. (I hope... I mean, you are still reading right?)

That being the case... My name is Franklin. (Frank to those who know me and a variety of other names to those who know me best.) I am 30 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas. Previously, I lived a year in Tennessee (more than that if you include when I was there for college), and most of my life in Connecticut. I was born breach in Germany to American parents. (Breach means backwards or butt first. What can I say? I guess I have always been slightly unconventional.)

I have 4 cats, the best roommate I could ever hope for, 3 siblings, 3 step-siblings, some parents and grand-parents back home and friends from everywhere I have been that I try to keep in touch with and fail more than I like to admit. (This is for all of you guys too... Call me :P)

I have a very strong personalty that I try to keep in check. I am strong willed, tenacious, occasionally gruff and often funny.

I am, contrary to popular belief, a fairly optimistic person. I don't necessarily think that things will turn out for the best, but I know that things right now are never as bad as most people want to believe and I am always willing to allow for the fact that things are going to improve.

My Personal Mission Statement:

I value creativity and ingenuity because they are two of the most important skills I have observed in people who are happy with where their lives are leading them. Accordingly, I will strive to appreciate and enjoy beauty, humor and unconventionalism in an effort to gain new perspective on my life as I work toward moving into a new direction.

My Personal Professional Bio:

Franklin is a customer service professional who has set himself apart time and again by successfully leading teams through challenges and emerging at the top of his game. His strong example is supported by a hard-working, trustworthy personality that is always ready to embrace any change or challenge. These days, Franklin is working diligently at establishing himself as a free-thinking web presence with a new and keen outlook on many of the challenges facing the tech-savvy entertainment consumer.

Why am I here and what do I think I'm doing?

Well, since I am asking this question of myself, I suppose I have to consider that a fair question. I am here in an effort to establish myself in the web community. My goals are to grow and mature in a new atmosphere where my thoughts and creativity can set me apart. Ultimately, I hope to leverage my presence here, in this series of tubes invented by Al Gore, to find a position with a company that will allow and encourage my creative juices to flow. (cough gaming!-industry! cough)

This blog... You know, the one you are reading right now... will be a place for me to share my thoughts and my points-of-view with anyone interested in reading them. Obviously, those thoughts tend to run over a plethora of topics so this is where you can turn for pretty much anything. If you have questions for me I encourage you to ask them; topics, I encourage you to share them. If you disagree with an observation I make, I encourage you to share your point of view. All I ask is that if you are going to offer a differing opinion, please don't be confrontational about it. Remember you are here by your own choice and if you feel the need to get belligerent, please take it elsewhere.

Obviously I am willing to accept constructive criticism. By constructive I mean tell me what you think I can do better. Not just things like "this sucks" or "that is stupid". Those kinds of criticism do nothing to help me make things better and are therefore pretty much useless to me. If you want to tell me I am doing something right I will happily take that feedback as well. Like anyone, I need encouragement as much or more than I need criticism.

1 comment:

  1. It is very nice to meet you (again) Frank, and to know a bit more about you!

    I look forward to commenting on the rest of the blogs I have read, and to new ones moving forward. ^_^

    ReplyDelete